Friday, May 27, 2011

Read These in Order Please

I'm just learning how to write this Blog - No wait I am calling it a "BRANT" now because I'm just an amateur 'ranting' about my interest in all the facets of the great text that is MD so this is my 'web rant' or Brant -
anyways to truly appreciate it please go back to the earlier posts and read in order - the first two are not necessarily pertinent but please start at "My Moby-Dick Library" or if you are a Bob Dylan fan then begin at "Dylan/Melville - a study in affinity"


or if you are a college professor or scholar or journalist or member of the Melvile society read those pages first and then go to the audio files -  thanks- I'm just making this up as I go along but I hope I can commune with other fans and scholars of the book and we can glean some new wisdom from this Old Yarn -
perhaps we can take it outside like a rug and beat all the dust off it - or to overkill the metaphor maybe we can beat it like an old sofa until  quarters (of knowledge) come tumbling out from within its crevices...   You never know... JTM

No comments:

Post a Comment